Arrangementet kan følges digitaltStarter: 08. februar 2023
Slutter: 10. februar 2023
The theme of the SDG Conference Bergen 2023 is A just transformation to a sustainable future. Focusing on a sustainable transformation of societies to become safe and just for all of humanity entails thinking about the grand challenges of our time both here and now and for the future. How can we ensure that this transformation is a just transition leaving no one behind?
The conference include keynotes by prominent speakers:
- Jonas Gahr Støre, Prime Minister of Norway
- Helen Clark, former Prime Minister of New Zealand, and former UNDP Administrator
- Hilda Nakabuye, Environmental Rights Activist, Founder Fridays For Future Uganda
- Trisha Greenhalgh, Professor of Medicine, University of Oxford
- Anne Beathe Tvinnereim, Minister of International Development of Norway
- Dan Kammen, Professor of Energy at University of California, Berkeley, and former Environmental Envoy for the U.S. State Department
- Mahmood Mamdani, Professor of Government at Columbia University and former ExecutiveDirector of Makerere Institute of Social Research
- Katja Hujo, Senior Research Coordinator, UN Research Institute for Social Development
- Maria Mercedes Sanchez, Coordinator of the UN Harmony with Nature Programme
- Idar Kreutzer, CEO of Finance Norway
The sixth conference takes place 8-10 February 2023. The conference is digital and open for all.
The annual SDG Conference Bergen brings together research and higher education communities, politicians, government officials, NGOs and industry to discuss the university sector’s engagement with the Sustainable Development Goals. The objective of the conference is to explore the role of research and education in creating new approaches to a sustainable global future.