SDG14 – Life Below Water: Conservation and Sustainable Use of the Ocean
The First Ocean Sustainability Bergen Conference will be at the University Aula of Bergen 21-22 October 2019.
- Is the combination of conservation and sustainable use of the ocean an illusion or a realistic possibility?
- How can science be used to underpin the development of a useful instrument for BBNJ?
- In more general terms, how can scientific advice contribute to decision-making processes in global ocean governance?
- To create awareness in a wide range of academic disciplines of current challenges for global ocean governance and to inspire their increased involvement.
- To provide an arena for exchange of science and policy ideas directly relevant to the intergovernmental negotiations on marine BBNJ.
- To discuss how a BBNJ instrument can contribute to the 2030 Agenda.
Startdato: 21. 10 2019
Sluttdato: 22. 10 2019
Sted: University Aula of Bergen